Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend adventures...

We had such a crazy weekend -- it was quite the emotional roller coaster!


The most extraordinary event this weekend was Renee's first communion and confirmation. It was a very special day on Sunday. She looked so beautiful that it took my breath away. I can't believe how fast she has grown up -- this is just one of the rites of passage that make me sit back and shake my head at how time is slipping away so quickly that I can't grasp it. Here are a few photos from our day yesterday:
Isn't she beautiful? My girl...

Confirmation...

Renee and her sponsor, Heather...

We had more excitement to our weekend...we lost Jack. He went out on Friday and didn't come home. I went for a long long walk to find him and didn't...but found a fox den in the field with very fresh tracks around it. We were so sad -- our little baby cat was gone. The kids were upset, I was upset, everyone could feel his absence. Then on Saturday afternoon, our neighbour across the highway called. Their dog was chasing something white around the yard -- could it be Jack? Russ went over to look and brought our baby home. What a happy day!

In the meantime, before we found Jack, we had a huge scare -- or at least I did! Renee and I had gone for a walk to ask the neighbours in town if they'd seen Jack while Russ and Curtis were hanging out in the yard. Russ was cleaning his truck and Curtis (he's only 5) was riding his bike in the yard. Curty told Russ he was going to go look for me on his bike. Russ told him to stay put in the yard, but Curtis didn't hear him. At least he said he didn't! When Russ looked up a few minutes later, Curtis was gone. He hopped in the truck to go find him and met me walking down the road. After he found out that Curtis wasn't with me, he drove around town to find him. I ran across to the Co-op to look for him and then went home and experienced a few minutes of the purest panic I have ever felt in my life. My baby was missing! Thank God it didn't last long, because after about 10 minutes, Russ came driving home with Curty following on his bike. Apparently he had gone down the street about 4 blocks, turned and biked about 2 blocks, turned again and biked another 2 blocks to where Russ had caught up with him. All by himself on his little bike!! He wasn't scared, just having an adventure. It made me think -- what the heck am I going to do when that boy gets his drivers' license??????

1 comment:

Laura said...

You learn to pray even harder!!!! This is when I always say I am so glad I had girls....boys are so different.

See you soon.

P.S. Renee looks beautiful!

Laura