Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Scrapbook Art

I am still convinced that, for me, scrapbooking is not just a hobby, it is an Art. We take everyday, ordinary moments and create one-of-a-kind visual interpretations. We create with our own hands and imaginations. Every time I look at a layout -- mine or someone else's -- I always savor the emotions it provokes.


And that is the way I create my layouts too. I start with an idea and just jump right in. I always let my gut instincts guide the way I cut and place paper & embellishments. If I have a spark of an idea in my head...I just jump right in and try it. If it works, that's great! If it doesn't...well...it's a learning experience.

Even if you don't think you are creating a work of Art when you scrapbook, I think you are. No matter what they look like, your pages are created with your experience, strengths, talents, ideas, and heart. No one else would work with those photos and materials exactly the way you do. We scrapbookers are all unique. We are creative. We are fabulous!

My scrapbooking advice for today...jump right in. Don't be afraid. Be unique. Go with your gut. And believe in yourself...because YOU are a Scrapbook Artist.

7 comments:

MelB said...

You don't have to convience me, scrapbooking is an art. A beautiful art that the generations to come will admire and love to ready about.

Kelly said...

Awesome LO's Amanda - I stumbled upon your blog from Lauras ... I was at the Spring Fling too (I think your table was beside mine????

Amanda said...

Kelly -- weren't we singing some cool 80's tunes together? LOL I actually visited YOUR blog this morning! LOL

Katrina said...

Oh yeah baby! It's ALL about the art....creative fulfillment and expression. Keep on doin' it!!!

Anonymous said...

It's definately art, and I get pissed when others say it's just a craft. grr.
Love your work! :)

jem said...

I love the fire layout.

Dawn Hueser said...

You always amaze me girl with your artistic abilities and wondorous insights.