Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well goodbye to 2007, hello 2008!

This year has so much to offer! Already this year is exciting!

We just found out that we are going to Las Vegas -- in two weeks! We are going with my mom and dad. I just can't wait for this trip. We've never taken a vacation with my parents without the kids. A real, honest to goodness, big-person vacation! Wow, what a concept! My wonderful, generous friend Gisele has offered to adopt my kids for a week so we can go. I was completely overwhelmed by her unselfish offer -- and she didn't even hesitate to offer. If there were more people in the world like Gisele, this world would be an amazing place.


I am looking forward to a couple of new scrapping projects -- but these ones are a little bit different.

The first one starts on Monday: the 2008 Scripture Challenge at FaithSisters. Each week, you are challenged to find a scripture from the Bible that is close to your heart, and scrapbook it in some kind of way. This is just a vague description, I know, but I will know more about it on Monday when it starts. You can find the details here.

And the other is a scrapbooking project that will help you discover your faith and strengthen your relationship with God: the 2008 Faith Discovery Challenge at FaithSisters. You can find the details of this one here.

And, of course, I am waiting for the February Just Cre8 kit to hit my mailbox -- maybe it will be here today!! Mel has a great challenge up for January already -- I'll be taking that one to JSI tonight to do! And for those of you who like Sketch Challenges, you should try the Just Cre8 January sketch challenge -- you could win a gift certificate to the store!

I wish you all the most joyous, most prosporous, most cre8ive year in 2008!

1 comment:

coRinne not connie said...

Yahoo - you updated! and you're going to enjoy your trip! way to go!
see ya in 2 weeks!?