Thursday, February 14, 2008

Extreme Makeover -- Day Three!

Today went well. As it turns out, I had to touch up the paint in several spots, so Curtis ran around the room and found the spots while I went behind him with a roller. We let that dry and then I cleaned up the baseboards, which had been sitting under the stairs for about a year, and placed them in. Curtis and I put the closet organizer back together again. (That little guy is such a good worker!)

When Russ came home, he put in the hardware for the blinds and hung the curtain rod -- check it out, the ends look like waves!

He also put up two out of the four corner shelves. Light switch plates are back on too.

Jack sat and watched the whole time...wouldn't it be great to be a cat??


Bit by bit it is coming together. Today I have to trim the blinds to fit and put them up...finish nailing baseboards on...vacuum the carpet well (and maybe even steam it in a few places)...put the headboard back on the bed... and puzzle over the post I picked up from my friend's house yesterday. I know what I want to do with it, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it yet. I think I might need my dad for that! I'm going to see if my mom wants to come over...we can probably put the bedding together and hang the curtains...and I might need help with some of the other stuff. Trying to get it all done when she is in school is a bit of a challenge, because I have to be all cleaned up and everything back to normal when she gets off the bus.
One more thing...last night at supper, she asked when we were planning to paint her room. We told her paint was super expensive and that we were thinking to paint in summer. I suggested if she save her allowance, maybe we could paint over Easter. She was a little disappointed when I said summer, but perked up about painting at Easter. I just know she is going to be beyond excited when we give her room back to her on Friday night!!!!

3 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent posting, Amanda, thank you.

Happy Valentines Day!

Unknown said...

Ooo..I love the white accents with the paint color. I hope you take your camera in when you reveal the room to her! I want to see her face!!

Julie Cortens said...

This is very exciting! Can't wait to see the finale! Yes, take pictures of her face when you reveal her room to her!